Statement Sleeves… Big News!
It’s always difficult this time of year transitioning between seasons, to feel stylish in what you are wearing. Every daywear can be difficult to judge because February weather is fairly unpredictable at the best of times. Often going about our day we go from being wrapped up in coats and scarves outdoors to sweltering in the wafts of heating indoors in shops and department stores simply running a few errands.
So how do we make a February outfit more current but still be able to wear those all important layers to put on and take off… right now the ‘Statement Sleeve’ is a must and it’s such a great way of showing you have your eye on fashion. Invest in this key piece now and you’ll be wearing it all through Spring and Summer.
They hit the high street last season, but they are back in a big way this coming season & will be sure to be in the shops in abundance for SS17.
‘Statement Sleeves’ create such a feminine and distinctive feel to any look.
Here’s my Top 6 Styling Tips For Statement Sleeves:
1) Wear a statement sleeve shirt on top of jeans with heels for an alternative but sophisticated evening look.
2) Balance out a statement blouse with flamboyant sleeves with a simple bottom half. Tailored trousers, pencil skirt or jeans for example, this makes sure the outfit is not ‘over the top’. A statement sleeve blouse or dress can be a great alternative to work wear too.
3) With a large shirt cuff, consider wearing a sweater of contrasting block colour for an update on a classic look – blue striped blouse with red sweater for example or clashing/contrasting prints.
4) If you’re a rhubarb shape or flatter chested, look for tops with statement sleeves and frills on tops which can add great drama and two trends in one. You can afford to add more volume to your top half and adds shape to your silhouette.
5) For an evening look, as bracelets are lost in long or oversized cuffs, think about statement rings or earrings to a look if want to add more edge and give the look a more event feel for the evening.
6) Add a gilet to a statement sleeve top or dress on warmer winter days, rather than a coat, this way the sleeve detail can be seen and framed and you can still face the elements out doors!
Here’s some of my favourites from some of the amazing brands in Wandsworth, of course if these particular pieces are not stocked within the Wandsworth stores, you can always check them out online.
February 19th, 2017